Registrations close on Friday, 5th Jan’18..!! – Don’t wait, till it gets too late..!!
- Date – 7th Jan’18, 07:00 AM onward.
- Venue – The Samhita Academy, Malumichampatti, Coimbatore.
- The race will be in the Enduro Format.
Well.. what is this Enduro format..?
- Riders race through stages depending on the category a rider is participating (refer table below).
- A stage is a lap through the race circuit.
So, do the riders start in one shot?
- No… Riders start one after another in 30 secs or 1 min intervals and race through the track with the aim of crossing the finish line clocking the lowest time.
- Post completion of a stage, riders will have to wait for their turn to start the next stage.
So, how is the winner picked up?
- The race winner is the rider who has clocked the lowest cumulative time in all the stages put together.
- A rider must complete all stages (as per category) to be eligible for final classification.
Sounds good.. what if I have a flat tyre or a mechanical during the race..?
- Well…riders can access their support crew between stages and not while in the stage.
How do I register..?
- Registration Options
- Online – Register Now
- Outlet – The Heini Sportswear Store, (Near ITC Welcome Hotel), West Club Road, Race Course, Coimbatore.
- Registration charges is INR 400/- per participant.
What does the registration include…?
- Each registration includes,
- One entry pass for The Samhita Academy MTB Challenge’18
- The Samhita Academy MTB Challenge Goodie Bag
- One brunch coupon
- And loads of fun of course.. 🙂
- BIB collection will be on 6th Jan’18, Saturday between 10:00 am and 05:00 pm
- Venue – The Heini Sportswear Store, (Near ITC Welcome Hotel), West Club Road, Race Course, Coimbatore.
What are the Event Categories..?
- Open for boys and girls born on or after 8th Jan 2006.
What about safety of the riders?
- Helmet is mandatory for riders. No helmet, no race rule applies.
- Shoes, cycling gloves, elbow and knee pads are recommended for added safety.
- There will be First Aid and Emergency Medical Care available at the venue. In the event of an incident only the EMC personnel can intervene.
Any dates that I have to remember..?
- Registrations open – 7th Dec’17, Thursday
- Event schedule announcement – 5nd Jan’18, Friday
- Registrations close – 2nd Jan’18, Tuesday, 06:00 PM
- Bib Collection – 6th Jan’18, Saturday, 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM
- Event day – 7th Jan’18, Sunday, 07:00 AM onward
And what’s the schedule on 7th Jan’18..?
Any other useful information..?
- Proof of age (School ID card/Aadhar Card), to be furnished during BIB collection and during event day.
- The event schedule for the individual categories will be published on our website.
- All riders should have the Bib Number pinned firmly on their t-shirt before lining up for the start.
- Exciting prizes for the top three finishers in each category and participation E – Certificates for all participants.